Meet Montana Hammonds, Maintenance Manager
When did you start at Westwinds? What do you do?
- I started at Westwinds September 2016 as the Maintenance Manager. I’m responsible for overseeing our entire Maintenance Department ranging from staff, operations, fleet, and department financials.
How did you end up at Westwinds?
- My background is in sales, management, and logistics. When I heard the Maintenance Manager position was open back in 2016, I knew it’d be a perfect fit for my skill set. I reached out to Teague (Case, Investment Manager) for an opportunity and now, here I am.
What does a typical day look like at Westwinds?
- A typical day starts with our Maintenance briefing where we game plan bigger projects, discuss after hours calls from the previous night, and prioritize up and coming work orders. Every day brings something different in this industry. I could be out of the office meeting with vendors, on-site at our properties, or scheduling and prioritizing incoming work orders. I’m always looking for ways to improve our department and increase efficiency.
What is one word you would use to describe the Westwinds culture?
- I’d say teamwork. Our team enjoys working together, values transparency and really strives to make our clients happy.
What is the most rewarding part of your job?
- When our clients have good things to say about our techs I truly find that rewarding. They remind me of a great offensive line in football. Not much praise given but certainly a pillar of our success as a company.
What do you love about the Iowa City rental market?
- Pricing! In general, the cost of living is much cheaper here than Chicago where I’m from.
When not working, where will we find you?
- I spend a lot of my free time at the CRWC downtown, shooting hoops and lifting weights. An occasional night out on the town is good for the soul I’ve been told as well.